The doctors at Eye Associates of North Bay have extensive experience in the pre-operative evaluation and post-operative care of LASIK and other vision correction procedures.
We will evaluate your eyes and discuss your visual goals to help determine if you are an appropriate candidate for LASIK, PRK or Cataract Refractive Technology. If you have appropriate goals and there are no contraindications for the procedure, we will recommend a pre-operative evaluation to determine suitability for refractive surgery. This evaluation includes:
- Counseling on refractive surgery options
- Eye dominancy testing
- Review of eye history and refractive stability
- Medical evaluation of the cornea and eye
- Current Refraction Status
If after the pre-operative evaluation, the decision is made to proceed with surgery, your information will be forwarded to the surgeon, a pre surgery consult with a surgeon will be scheduled. Post-operative management will be provided by our doctors, and includes multiple visits over a period from the date of surgery to include medical evaluation and management of the vision and corneal healing. Evaluation of any additional needs such as reading glasses, sunglasses, or enhancement laser procedures is also included.
LASIK is currently the most popular vision-correcting or “refractive” surgery available. But there are other options as well. We will help you find the ideal solution for your problem and partner with the best surgeon to perform your procedure.
Surgeons We Recommend
For more information on the surgeons we recommend, please visit the following websites:
- Bochner Eye Institute: Bochner Eye Institute celebrated its 80th anniversary as one of the world’s leading comprehensive surgical facilities. They are the official laser centre of the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Herzig Eye Institute: Experience what High Definition Vision can do for you. The Herzig Eye Institute is one of the world leaders in refractive surgery.